Ingredients: (Serves 4)
1 pound chicken(boneless or with bones)
1 table spoon salt
1/4 table spoon black cumin seeds( optional)
1 tablespoon Mint leaves( Pudina fresh or dry powder-1/2 table spoon)
- Cut the chicken into medium size pieces by removing skin and fat. Wash it and keep aside.
- Take a large bowel and add all the above mentioned ingredients for marination along with chicken and mix well. Allow it to marinate for about 1-2hrs in a refrigerator.
- Wash rice throughly and add all the above stated ingredients along with 6 cups(300ml) water. Mix throughly and cook until 70% done and keep it aside.
- Now take the marinated chicken out and cook it as it is in the large deep thick bottom dish by adding some oil.
- After the chicken 90% done in cooking add rice on the top of the chicken.
- You can garnish with fried onions, half cut boiled egg, few drops of saffron color and coriander on the top of the rice.(Optional)
- cook untill the rice is done.
- serve hot with lemon juice or Mirchi curry.