I love soybean recipes, soy chunks are great way of having them. Soy is considered as vegetarian meat because of two reasons. Firstly, protein content and the other is apperance of the chuncks is similar to meat,and tastes like a meat as well.
- Soya chunks Soaked and Cooked - 2 cups
- Baby potatos boiled and sliced-1cup
- Onion (finely chopped)-1cup
- Tomato (finely chopped)-1 cup
- Oil - 3 tbs
- Salt to taste
- Cilantro chopped - 10 springs
Curry ingredients to be grinded together:
- fresh Coconut - 1/2 cup
- Chick peas- soaked and cooked-1/2 cup
- Chilli powder - 4 ts
- Coriander powder- 1ts
- Cumin powder-1/2ts
- Peppercorns - 1/2 ts
- Cinnamon - 1 stick
- Cardamom - 2
- Cloves - 1
- Ginger - 1 small peice
- Garlic - 4 cloves
- Drain excess water from soya.
- Heat oil in a pan, and add Onion and Tomato one by one and fry them well.
- Add Soya and fry it for few minutes, then add potato and fry for few more minutes.
- Then add ground paste and fry till the raw smell goes away.
- Add 1cup of water and salt, allow this to boil for few minutes under medium flame.
- Then garnish with Cilantro leaves and remove from heat.
Goes well with: white rice and roti.
Hope you like my recipe :)