Whole Wheat Flour : ( From Wiki)
Wheat Grain is one of the healthy grain.
Whole wheat flour is more nutritious than refined white flour, although in a process called food fortification, some micronutrients are added back to the white flour (required by law in some jurisdictions). Fortified white wheat flour does not, however, contain the macronutrients of the wheat's bran and germ (especially fiber and protein). Whole wheat is a good source of calcium, iron, fiber, and other minerals like selenium
Nutrition Facts Of Whole Wheat Flour:
The roti or chapati made out of regular, bleached and enriched atta is not so healthy. Whole wheat flour contains good amount of fiber that is very good for diabetic patients.
Note: The main Drawback of this atta is it's life period, It cannot stay for many days like refined one. So, always change atta atleast once a month.
Ingredients for whole wheat flour chapati/roti:
Whole wheat flour:2cups
Maida/all purpose flour-2ts
Salt to taste
Water for mixing dough
- Take whole wheat flour + all purpose flour +salt and mix them thoroughly.
- Now add 2ts of oil and yogurt (addition of these yields soft roti) and mix well.
- Add the adequate amount of water to knead the dough. The dough should be soft. just like chapati/roti dough.
- Keep this aside for 15min by covering it with damp cloth.
- Now make the dough it to small equal size balls.
- Roll each ball just like roti and roast it on a pan by applying vegetable oil on both sides.
- The healthy roti's are ready to serve.
Hope you all like my recipe :)
MY question is:
Do you make these kind of roti's? & Do you have any tip for soft roti's except adding oil/yogurt?