Last time when I posted the filo triangles few mailed me to know where to find these Filo dough sheets, well friends they are available in frozen section in all grocery stores ( I bought them from walmart, I do not know if they are available in India). Filo dough's are available in two type one is dough sheets and the other is shell form. This filo sheets are mainly used for making baklava. When compared with puff pastry sheets these filo sheets have a choice of choosing oil of our interest. You can line these sheets with the butter/vegetable oil/ghee any thing you wish (olive oil doesn't suit for baking).
Cabbage- Finely sliced to longitudinal pieces-4cups
Carrot-finely sliced to longitudinal pieces-2cups
Capsicum- finely sliced- 1/2cup (optional, I did not add)
Pepper powder- to taste
Salt to taste
oil/butter- as required
- Take filo sheets out of the refrigerator before1-2hrs and let them attain room temperature.
- This recipe makes two rolls and calls for 4 dough sheets.
- So keep the remaining in the refrigerator immediately.
- Semi-cook all the vegetables, so that their structure remain intact. Filter vegetables.
- Squeeze excess water out and add salt to taste, now it will give out more water squeeze them and add pepper powder to taste. (make sure that mixture remain dry)
- Now Take one big sheet and coat with oil you prefer, I used butter. If you are weight watcher you can use canola oil. Place another sheet on the greased one.
- Now add the vegetable filling on the short side of the filo sheet and roll it. Repeat same process for another roll.
- Prepare the baking tray by greasing with non stick oil/ cover with aluminum foil and grease it. Pre -heat oven to 350F.
- Transfer the rolls to baking tray and coat with little oil on the top.
- Bake for 20-25min @ 350F.
- Take them out and let them come down to room temperature.
- The crispy and yummy filo rolls are ready to serve. They can be served with tomato sauce/ ketchup. But I love to have them with out any sauce.
Hope you like my recipe. Please leave your comment after you try :)